Things you didn’t know about Prosecco

Whether it’s an office event, birthday party or special occasion, nothing says ‘CELEBRATE’ like Prosecco.

 What is Prosecco?
Prosecco is an Italian DOC or DOCG white wine produced in a large area in the Veneto and Friuli Venezia Giulia regions, and named after the village of Prosecco. Did you know Prosecco was originally the name of the grape and now we call it “Glera” and it makes up for 85% of labelled Prosecco. As for the other 15%, there are another 9 grapes that are make up the wine, which include Verdiso, Bianchetta, Trevigiana, Perera, Glera Lunga, Chardonnay, Pinot Biano, Pinot Grigio and Pinot Noir.

What’s the best way to drink Prosecco?
The likelihood is, you’ve been drinking Prosecco all wrong. The correct way to be sipping on Prosecco is in a tulip style wine glass, the type that line our bar here at Prosecco House. This type of tulip glass allows more room for the Prosecco to breath and enhance it’s floral aromas, so we suggest throwing away those flutes! Of course, it’s always best served ice-cold too.

Is Prosecoo good for you?
There are more benefits to drinking prosecco than you might think. Prosecco is known to be lower in calories than other popular tipples. A small glass of red wine usually comes in at around 120 - 125 calories, whereas a glass of Prosecco can be as little as 80 calories. More reason to enjoy a glass, or two at Prosecco House.

Can you pair Prosecco with food?
Prosecco is one of the most versatile wines around when it comes to pairings. It’s refreshing flavour means it can go well with many meals. Enjoy a Mimosa with breakfast or a glass alongside your cheese & meat board for lunch. It’s also mirrors the fresh taste of a light salad in the evening, or why not sip on a glass with bar snacks of salty crisps or nuts?

Get the latest

Signup to our newsletter and get our latest news, promotions and events.

Prosecco House will use the information you provide on this form to be in touch with you and to provide updates and marketing. Please let us know all the ways you would like to hear from us:

You can change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from us, or by contacting us at proseccohouse@wearememo.com. We will treat your information with respect. For more information about our privacy practices please visit our website. By clicking below, you agree that we may process your information in accordance with these terms.

We use Mailchimp as our marketing platform. By clicking below to subscribe, you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to Mailchimp for processing. Learn more about Mailchimp's privacy practices here.